The river is facing enormous challenges — habitat loss, water pollution, dredge, constant development pressure, Climate change, uninhibited industrial/urban development.
We as individuals have the power to make positive changes for our water and our communities when we come together.
- Stop the disposal of industrial waste, consumer products
- Adopt your street's storm drain
- Plant trees and grasses around your homes
- Return used motor oil for recycling
- Avoid using lawn fertilizers that contain phosphorus
- Leave an unmowed buffer next to streams and lakes
- Use the trash, not the drain
- Prevent mosquitoes from breeding by eliminating standing water